Glass artworks from Murano are so beautiful and extraordinary that you won’t hesitate to loosen your purse strings. Once you see the original thing, then you’ll have no trouble recognizing the cheap imitations. There are a plenty of shops in the market to make you very confusing. Therefore, this guide will help individuals to find the best place to buy Murano glass items of authentic quality at decent prices.
History of Murano Glass
Dating back to Middle Ages, Murano is a suburb of Venice. In 1291, the Murano story began when the glass making industry was shifted to this island from Venice for safety purposes. Then Murano developed into a rich village where many aristocrats built magnificent palaces. Genuine Murano glass is made of silica. It is well-known as the purest and most crystal clear glass to be found anywhere on this planet. Murrine is one of the unique examples of the art work achieved by Murano glass makers. Murrine objects are still handmade in this part of the world. They have been made in the same way for centuries. The exceptional craftsmanship and quality completely justifies their high price tags.
Successful Shopping in Murano
To watch molten glass at the end of the rod to be transformed into gorgeous sculptures, vases, candle holders, and bowls before your eyes, it’s worth a trip to Murano. Below are some tips to help you find the best glass pieces.
• Make the trip to Murano itself: Some visitors make a mistake of buying Murano glass objects in Venice. But, don’t miss the chance to visit the beautiful island and you will be free to visit any glass maker you want on your own. You can avoid the high pressure tactics of sellers and can enjoy the beautiful island,devoid of any distraction.
• Start with the glass museum: The glass museum should be your first stop. First of all, view the impressive collection of glass. There, you will have a chance to train your eyes with beautiful pieces that will help you buy unique ones later on.
• Get into the action: Glass factories are among the major attractions here. Visit Murano glass factory and watch the impressive glass blowing demonstrations.
Paying for Murano Glass Objects
The price of objects varies according to three main factors. They are:
1. The technique used to execute the piece
2. The reputation of the glass maker
3. Signature of a famous glass artist on the object
Online Murano Glass Store
If you can’t visit Venice or Murano Island, then you can bring home the best Murano glass items with a few clicks of the mouse. Reputable online shops like OriginalMuranoGlass.com can deliver your preferred artwork to your doorstep and their quality of glass is simply unmatched. Based in Murano itself, Original Murano Glass is the best place to buy Murano glass artworks physically as well as on the Internet. Visit Murano glass factory of this renowned company for glass blowing demonstration. Step into their showroom to buy blown glass gifts, blown glass plates, glass animal figurines, Murano glass jewelry, etc. and make your trip memorable for years. So, visit their website and book your visit for free!