The major components of glass are lime and soda, silica (sand quartz) or potash. To create colors the basic ingredients that are added are different minerals like black manganese, pink and red gold and blue and green irons. The addition of calcium or tin colors makes the glass opaque. There are more and more diverse types of glass beads available in the market. They all have different names and different production methods.
Different Styles of Glass Bead Making
Below are some styles that are created by different production methods:
• Lamp Worked Beads: This is one of the processes that are made by a home artisan. To make the lamp worked beads, some basic tools are needed. They are the torch flame that runs on propane, rods that are made of steel and coated with kaolin substance called bead release. This helps you to take the lead off the rod after it’s formed. Murano glass bead jewelry is often created using this method.
• Cane Beads: A hollow pipe is used to collect molten ball of glass as it is difficult to make beads. Air blows down the pipe to form bubbles in the ball of molten glass. Then patterns or colors are added to the glass and hot glass is starched or drawn out. Bubble inside the glass is then elongated and forms a long tube with a hole running throughout its length. Then it is designed according to the desired thickness and then cut into sections. Subsequently, the rough edges are smoothenedby tumbling in sand.
• Pressed Beads: These types of beads are made by using hinged steel moulds mounted on tongs or machineries. To form the bead hole, the mould has a wire. The mould is squeezed on the hot glass and at the time of releasing, the excess glass from the edges is ground either by tumbling or hand. This method is primarily used for creating difficult and complex shapes such as flowers, leaves and animals.
Today glass beads are used in many ways and the most notable use is in the area of jewelry making. Jewelry beads tend to be precisely designed than other beads. These days, beads jewelry plays an important role in modern fashion. They are widely used in the form of bracelets, earrings and necklaces. These beads are carved with different beautiful shapes and give us a stunning look.
How to Buy Glass Bead Jewelry on a Budget?
Buying beaded jewelry can be fun as well as damn expensive. Here are some ways to buy beads jewelry without bankrupting yourself.
• Know your options: Glass beads come in different shapes, sizes and colors. First of all, know your options and determine what you want to buy.
• Assess what you actually need: It is very easy to go to a jewelry shop and buy. But, it will blow your budget. Instead assess what you actually need. Avoid buying unnecessary things.
• Look for some authentic glass bead jewelry stores online: Nowadays, online shopping comes with several benefits in terms of pricing, choice, quality, item delivery, and return, refund or replacement. So, this mode of purchase is definitely worth considering.
Murano glass bead jewelry is among the hot favorites of women today. And, when it comes to their purchase, OriginalMuranoGlass.com is a trusted place online. Whether you want to order a stunning Murano glass bead necklace, pair of earrings, bracelet or ring, the website can provide you with plenty of choices. Operating from the island of Murano, Original Murano Glass delivers all items with their certificate of authenticity. In addition to Murano glass jewelry, the web-based shop can satisfy your need for a Venetian gold glass mirror, blown glass chandelier or Murano glass bowl. Just browse through the site’s huge collections under various product categories today!