A beautifully decorated home brings a lot of cheerful and memorable moments in one’s life. If you’re looking for something unique to adorn your home, various Murano glass artworks can meet your expectations. From Murano glass vases, wall clocks and photo frames to dinnerware, sculptures and big chandeliers, all these items are really unique, both in the manner they are created and they look.
Murano glass is significantly different from the glass that is used in your day-to-day life. This sort of glass is only produced on the island of Murano, located in the Venetian Lagoon, northern Italy. To reach a liquid state, it is melted in a special furnace at 1500 degree Celsius. This glass is basically made from soda, lime, potassium and silica which are mixed and melted together. Silver and gold foils are often added with minerals like zinc for white color, copper for sparkles, manganese for violet, cobalt for blue, and so on. The mixture is then handcrafted or mouth blown by expert artisans or glass makers using basic tools and special age-old techniques. It finally results in creating beautiful glass objects with rich colors and in surreal shapes and patterns worthy of being called “works of art”. The application of glass making techniques necessitates dedication, skill, passion and patience of the glass makers who spend years acquiring these qualities to become what they are today.
Murano Glass in Home Decoration
Authentic Murno glass objects are among the latest trends in decorating any modern interior. Colored glass designs are simply stunning. Murano glass home decor renders a magical world of impressive craftsmanship and fine colors.
Few Popular Murano Glass Home Decor Items
Following are some popular glass home decor pieces.
• Bottles: These are hand blown in Murano glass, hand finished and signed by the glass master. The bottles are collected and exhibited in popular museums.
• Paints and pictures on Murano glass plate: Artworks are painted with enamel on glass slab. Reverse designs are first realized; then a gold or silver like leaf is applied to which an antioxidant protective acrylic is applied. It is handmade with high quality materials. Customization is also possible on the thickness and color of the frame.
• Candlestick or candle holder: Using the traditional techniques,a detailed, handmade candle holder is made. There are many beautiful and different types of candle holders in different colors and shape available these days.
• Glass photo frames: These are made with the technique of fused glass. The photo frame can stand in both horizontal and vertical positions. To give a modern touch to your photos, it comes with bright colors.
• Watches and clocks: Timepieces made of Murano glass come in the form of wrist watches, table clocks and wall clocks. Nickel free wrist watches have a synthetic leather strap and metal chrome case with quartz movement. Wall clocks are made with the technique of millefiori and glass fusion. Table clocks are also handcrafted and can be a special gift for a memorable event.
You can realize your dream of having Murano glass home decor by shopping at OriginalMuranoGlass.com. It deals in a wide variety of home decoration accessories such as photo frames, clocks, candle holders, coin trays, saucers, ashtrays, bowls, paperweights, and so on. Furthermore, this popular online store sells lots of blown glass gifts like wine glass gift ideas for several special occasions. Regarded as the best place to buy Murano glass online, OriginalMuranoGlass can let you order a customized blown glass chandelier or Venetian wall mirror.